MIG welder is one of the best welding tools you can have. It offers precise welding to different types of metals. That is why people like to have this item at the home or garage or shop for welding. But most of the MIG welders are expensive.
For a beginner or person who does not want to invest that much money, it is tough to find the best MIG welder under 500. One problem is that you cannot find a lot of welders under 500. Even if you find some welders, that might not be good enough for your task. A good welder should provide enough power, duty cycle, and other essential features
What Is The Difference Between Mig And Tig Welding?
MIG welding and TIG welding are now popular versions of welding. But there are some differences. The main difference between these two is welding different types of metals. Tough TIG welding can be used to many metals, it cannot be used with different thickness.
Where you can use MIG welding to different types of metals including steel, mild steel, aluminum, and others with different thicknesses. Besides, MIG welding can be run for a long time where TIG welding cannot. Also, it is extremely easy to use MIG welding relative to TIG welding and MIG welding is less expensive than TIG welding.
Table Of Content:
Want to perceive everything at a glance? Then you need to check out the table of content to find out what we have discussed below.
- 5 Best Mig Welder Under 500 Reviews 2020
- What To Consider Before Buying A Mig Welder Under 500 Dollars?
- Final Thoughts
If you want to make a better decision then you should have a look at our comparison chart. You will find all the products we have reviewed below to compare easily.
LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Welder with Free Spool Gun
Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
SUNGOLDPOWER MIG Welder 140A Gas and Gasless Welding 110/220V
HITBOX MIG Welder 120A 220V LIFT TIG ARC Inverter Flux Core
SUNCOO 130 MIG Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Gasless
5 Best Mig Welder Under 500 Reviews 2020
You know it is tough to find out the right and effective MIG welder under 500 dollars. But this is not a impossible matter. We are here to help you. For you, we have done all the hard work and come up with some top-rated welders under 500 with their features and benefits. It will help you find the best one for you.
1. LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Welder with Free Spool Gun
If you are looking for the extremely high power MIG welder within your limited budget then this LOTOS MIG welder can be the best option. It comes with 175A power output, meaning that you can weld all types of metals including mild steel, stainless steel, and others. To make it perfect for the aluminum, you will get a high-speed aluminum spoon gun.
High quality and durable aluminum wire cable is there as well, ensures a better and stable welding experience. It features transformer technology which has been proven to be reliable and effective in welding. You will have flux core wire technology, keep your welding oxidation free all the time. To make your welding even more convenient and better, this welder comes with gas hose, ground clamp cable, welding mask, and others.
When it comes to portability, it is made of high-quality materials with a compact design. Also, you will find a comfortable handle with it so that you can easily carry it where necessary. All of these useful features make it the best welder for aluminum as well as other sturdy metals for sure. You can go for it with full confidence.
LOTOS MIG Features:
- Comes with high power with spoon tool so that you can easily weld different types of metals including aluminum
- Features high-quality aluminum wire that provides better and more convenient welding experience
- Transformer technology is there that has been proven to be reliable in welding
- Flux core wire technology makes sure your welding remains oxidation free
- Compact design, sturdy construction, and a comfortable handle make it the perfect option for carrying.
2. Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
Up next is the Lincoln Electric MIG welder, which is one of the top class and popular MIG welders in the market with some useful features. It comes with 70A output power. As a result, you will get power to weld mild steel for your home use and other DIY projects, but not for any commercial use. To control the exact power, you will get wire feed control as well.
Four voltage setting ensures you to get the exact voltage you require for welding. It features a higher duty cycle, meaning that you can work a long time and get your job done easily without taking any break. Also, you will get a flux core wire that makes your welding oxidation free and creates less spatter, thus ensures clean welding. A long power cord is there so that you can take power from anywhere and work smoothly.
It is a compact and lightweight welder. That means you can easily use it for your home projects with ease. Also, you will have a comfortable and sturdy handle to carry it anywhere you want. So all in all, this welder is surely a great MIG welder you can have for your home applications or mini commercial or DIY projects. It looks simple for sure, but it will get your job done perfectly.
Lincoln Electric Features:
- Comes with the suitable power to complete your DIY or home projects smoothly
- Features wire feed control and four voltage control so that you can adjust the power and work with metals with different thicknesses.
- You will get a higher duty cycle to continuously work a long time with your projects
- Flux core wire ensures you oxidation free welding along with cleaner surface
- Lightweight and portable design along with sturdy handle makes it easier for carrying.
3. SUNGOLDPOWER MIG Welder 140A Gas and Gasless Welding 110/220V
If the best MIG welder under 500 is your main concern, then you should look no further but the SUNGOLDPOWER MIG Welder. It comes with all the features you need to get your job done without any hassle. You will get 140A high power along with the IGBT inverter technology, meaning that you can easily weld almost all of your metals within your budget. Also, it features a dual voltage system, meaning that you can use it in either 110v or 220v without any power converter.
To control the power output, you will get adjustable wire feed speed and current flow control. That means you can easily adjust the power output and welding speed to weld almost all types of metals with different thicknesses. This best dual voltage MIG welder has flux core wire technology that ensures oxidation and dirt-free welding. You will have gasless welding as well to save gas wastage.
For a better experience, this welder offers less noise during the welding, ensures less noise pollution. Its compact design and sturdy construction make it a perfect option for carrying. To make it more convenient, you will have a carrying handle. So all in all, this is surely the best MIG welder you can purchase under 500.
SUNGOLDPOWER MIG Features:
- Comes with high power with IGBT technology that helps you weld different metals with extreme efficiency
- Dual voltage input power makes it possible to work indoor and outdoor without a power converter
- Flux-cored and gasless welding allows more versatility in your welding
- Adjustable wire feed speed and current adjustment make it possible to control the power and work with different metals with different thickness
- Portable design with comfortable handle enables you to carry the machine anywhere
4. HITBOX MIG Welder 120A 220V LIFT TIG ARC Inverter Flux Core
If you are looking for the most inexpensive MIG welder with lots of useful features and benefits then you should go for the HITBOX MIG welder. It comes 140A of output power that is more than enough for your home projects as well as commercial projects. You will have adjustable wire speed and power control to make sure you can control the power and speed to work with different types of metals.
Its flux core wire technology prevents the oxidation in welding and produces less spatter. As a result, you will get clear welding that will last long. Also, this inverter flux core welder offers you overheat, over current, and over-voltage protection, meaning that your machine will remain safe when the load, current, and heat is too high. It offers a decent duty cycle to make your work even more convenient and ensures protection to your machine.
You will get a TIG lift function to add versatility to your work. So overall, this classic looking welder can be a very good option for your home and outdoor welding projects. To carry it anywhere you want, it comes with a portable design with carrying handle. That means you should not hesitate about selecting this machine for your next welding projects.
HITBOX MIG Features:
- Comes with enough power to weld all of your metals with ease
- Features adjustable wire feed speed control and power control so that you can adjust the power and speed to work with various metals
- Flux core wire inverter technology prevents oxidation to protect the welding
- Overheat, overload, and over current protection that allows you to use your machine for a longer time
- Classic design with sturdy handle make it perfect for carrying it anywhere you want
5. SUNCOO 130 MIG Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Gasless
If you are focusing on having a professional finish in welding, you need to go for this SUNCOO welder. It is designed with a heavy-duty stainless body that makes it highly durable. This is the best gasless MIG welding for beginners because of its ease of use. The best part is it will serve you for years thanks to its orange paints that prevents wear and tear.
This Automatic Feed Gasless Little Welder machine features a no gas function with a self-release metal-inert gas that curbs oxidation when welding. That is why it is the best MIG flux core welder compact enough to weld up to 1kgs of welding wires. It is a portable welding machine that you can move with it from one place to another for your welding tasks.
What makes the MIG welding machine exceptional is its high welding speed, accompanied by a high deposition rate. The SUNCOO 130 MIG Welder features variable feed speed control enabling you to adjust current flow easily by making adjustments using the four buttons. It also comes with multiple protections for overheat, insulation, overcurrent, and overload aimed at keeping you safe when welding.
SUNCOO 130 MIG Welder Features:
- The SUNCOO 130 MIG Welder features a stainless-steel body that ensures durability, which is enhanced by the painting that keeps it from rusting.
- This machine is equipped with variable feed speed control that you can use to make adjustments by using the four buttons for MIN/MAX,1/2.
- A welding machine having no gas function self-release metal-inert gas that prevents oxidation when welding.
- The two air-vents on this welder machine works efficiently to prevent heat dissipation.
- It is quite lightweight and portable, meaning you can take it with you anywhere for your welding tasks.
What To Consider Before Buying A Mig Welder Under 500 Dollars?
Well, now you have the list of some top-rated MIG welder under 500. We have reviewed those welders with all their features and benefits. But how can you find the best MIG welder under 500 from the list? Don’t panic.
We have got your back. Here are some tips for you that you should consider before buying a MIG welder under 500.
The first thing you need to consider is the average rate. This rate determines how many types of metals or how sturdy metals the welder can weld. The higher the amp rate, the stronger the welder is, and the more sturdy metals you can weld. So decide why you want to buy a MIG welder and based on your need, you should choose the amp. For any commercial use, you have to choose a welder with more than 120amp. But if you want to buy a welder for home use, any amp will be good enough.
To get power, you need to input power. Here comes the voltage input. You will find different types of voltage input in the market. But you need to consider that your home has a 110v input outlet and your shop may have a 220v input outlet. So based on your need, you should choose the voltage input. It would be a wise decision to go for the dual voltage input power as it will help you use the machine at home and in-shop.
Wire-speed and power control:
Wire speed control and power control are also important. As you know not all the metals have the same melt point, you need to control the power output to get the best finish. At the same time, you need to control the speed to achieve the best result. So make sure your welder has the wire speed control and power control. It will help you to work with different metals with different thicknesses.
Another important thing you should consider is the duty cycle. It tells you how much time you can use the machine continuously. After the time, the machine will shut off automatically to prevent overheating and make your machine cool for the next welding. The higher the duty cycle, the better. So make sure you have chosen a machine that has the highest duty cycle.
Consider other key features as well. These features will provide extra convenience to your work. For example, the flux core wire inverter prevents oxidation and delivers you oxidation free cleaner welding. Portability allows you to carry the machine anywhere. Overvoltage or over current protection protects your machine and ensures longevity. So check all the features and then buy your welder.
If you can follow these tips, I hope you can easily pick the right one for you.
Note: Now you know what you should consider before purchasing a Mig welder that is under 500 dollars, click here to know the Advantages Of Mig Welding.
Why Should You Buy A Mig Welder Under 500 Dollars?
There are plenty of reasons why you should buy a MIG welder under 500 dollars. However, I am going to tell you some main reasons why you should buy it. Here we go.
- If you can get all the features under 500, why will you buy one over 500? That means you can save a lot of money by purchasing it.
- It offers enough power, allows you to complete home projects as well as commercial projects.
- Most of the MIG welders are designed for newbies, meaning that if you are a beginner, it will help you do your task.
- It can weld different metals, meaning that you can work with different metals
- It is extremely easy to learn that allows any beginner to start welding I no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
I hope you have got all your answers from the review and buying guide. However, still, you may have some questions in your mind. If so then read the frequently asked questions by users below. I hope you will get your answer form here.
How many watts does a MIG welder use?
It depends on the output power actually. In general, a MIG welder with 120amp output uses around 3000watts.
Does MIG welder use gas?
There are both types of MIG welders available. That means some MIG welder use gas and some do not.
Can a MIG welder weld cast iron?
Yes, a MIG welder can weld cast iron without any difficulty.
Can MIG welder weld aluminum?
Yes, MIG welder can weld aluminum as well. But for aluminum with higher thickness, you might need an additional tool.
Is a MIG welder ac or dc?
Actually, a MIG welder can be both. But in general, it has ac sources.
Finding the best MIG welder under 500 is really important. Without the good one, you cannot get enough power, power and speed control, and necessary features to complete your projects successfully. A good welder will provide you extreme efficiency, ease of use, and higher productivity. That is why we have reviewed some of the top class MIG welders under 500.
Also, we have mentioned all their features and benefits so that you can easily pick your one. All of them are good, however, if you ask for my recommendation, then I will suggest you go for the SUNGOLDPOWER MIG Welder. Because it will give you enough power and power control to weld different metals with different thicknesses, dual voltage output, cleaner welding, and many more. So overall, this can be the best option for you, no matter you are an expert or a beginner.