Plasma cutter is a great tool for metal workers for its effectiveness in cutting metal. You can smoothly cut almost all types of hard to soft metals to get your metal job done with a plasma cutter. No matter if you are a welder or automation mechanic, a plasma cutter can make your job more comfortable than ever. Unfortunately, the price of a plasma cutter is not affordable for all.
The good news is you can get the best plasma cutter under 300. A good plasma cutter will allow you to cut metal plates for industrial or home workshop use smoothly. Some cutters even let you weld the metal for more versatility. Therefore, make sure you choose a high quality, portable, and user-friendly plasma cutter for you.
Table of Content:
Are you interested in perceiving everything we have described in this article? If so, then check out our table of content below.
- 6 Best Plasma Cutter Under 300 Reviews 2020
- What Material Can a Plasma Cutter Cut?
- How to Use a Plasma Cutter?
- Bottom Line
We have created a useful comparison chart with some high quality yet inexpensive plasma cutters. You should look at this chart to make a better decision on choosing the best plasma cutter.
6 Best Plasma Cutter Under 300 Reviews 2020
The plasma cutter market is now more competitive than ever. For that, numerous companies and brands come up with different models consisting of different specifications. Among those vast options, getting the best plasma cutter under 300 is something like finding a needle in a haystack. So here are some suggestions for plasma cutters that may help you.
1. PrimeWeld 50A Air Inverter Plasma Cutter
PrimeWeld 50A Air Inverter Plasma Cutter is an excellent example of a top rated plasma cutter for industrial and construction work. It comes with a dual voltage 110/220v facility that allows you to use the cutter at the home current or shop current. With its high-Frequency DC technology, it can cut thicker metals easily. Besides, it creates less distortion for a smooth workpiece.
It features an optimized state of the art MOSFET transistors design. Consequently, you get maximum power output to cut thick metal and stable power for thin metal. You will need less cleaning and maintenance using this plasma cutter. It even creates less toxic gases and fire hazards that keep you and your projects safe.
With its user-friendly carrying handle, you can hold the cutter for a long time and work comfortably as well. You will get a plasma cutting torch with the package that saves your money and makes your job easier. Apart from that, it offers air filters, clamp, air hose connections, and other necessary equipment with the package.
PrimeWeld 50A Features:
- The plasma cutter features a dual voltage 110/220v facility that makes it suitable for home and industry use.
- It offers high-Frequency DC technology so that you can cut thick metal with less distortion.
- You have an optimized state of the art MOSFET transistors design to entirely cut both the thick and thin metal.
- It has a user-friendly carrying handle that ensures comfort while using the cutter to cut metals.
- You will get a plasma cutting torch along with other necessary equipment for more convenience.
2. Amico CUT-50 Pro. Dual Voltage Plasma Cutter
If you are looking for the best plasma cutter under 300, you should consider the Amico CUT-50 Pro. It comes with high-quality modern inverter technology that offers high penetration to cut thicker metal. You will have Auto-voltage technology that adapts to 100-240V input power automatically. It lets you use it at home or shops easily and makes it safer as well.
The plug adapters are attached to the cutter. With its torch design, you get a comfortable grip to work for a long time without paining your hand. Also, it keeps your hand safe from heat and impact. You have 50 Amp output that can easily cut up to 1.0″ thick metal. With this output, you can easily cut steel, alloy, and other metal materials.
Like any good cutter, this one offers less cleaning and maintenance. When working, it does not produce any noxious gases or less fire hazard to ensure safety. With its meter and adjustment facility, you can adjust the output and cut metals with different depths.
Amico CUT-50 Pro Features:
- The plasma cutter features advanced inverter technology that easily cuts thick metals with higher penetration.
- It offers auto-voltage technology that adjusts the voltage that makes it suitable for both home and commercial use.
- You can comfortably grip it and hold it for a long time with its torch design for more convenience.
- It offers 50 Amp output that is more than enough to cut metals, including steel, alloy, etc.
- You will get an adjustment meter that allows you to work with metals with different depths.
3. SUNGOLDPOWER Plasma Cutter CUT50 Dual Voltage
This is an excellent portable plasma cutter from SUNGOLDPOWER Plasma Cutter that you can have for under 300 dollars. It comes with advanced IGBT technology that ensures higher power output and higher efficiency to cut thick metals. Also, it makes the machine more lightweight for easy portability. You will have 10-50A DC output that can easily cut a maximum of 3/4” metals effectively.
Since the plasma cutter is dual voltage, you can run the cutter directly at 220 V 50/60 Hz power and 110 V 50/60 Hz. It lets you control the pressure and output that allows you to work with metals with different depths. You will have plug adapters with the package too. Besides, it offers a duty cycle of 60% that delivers you a long working hour continuously.
With its SG-55 cutting torch, it cuts thicker metals more efficiently than traditional torches. Its air regulator and pressure gauge are mounted separately, which makes it easier to use. Moreover, you will get a constant output that ensures excellent operational performance. Its internal air/gas regulator lets you quickly install the machine for less hassle.
SUNGOLDPOWER Plasma Cutter Features:
- The plasma cutter has an advanced IGBT technology that offers higher efficiency and deep penetration.
- Its 10-50A DC output, along with a powerful SG-55 cutting torch, makes it easier to cut thick metal.
- You’ll have a dual voltage facility that allows you to run the machine at home or shop current.
- The 60% duty cycle of this machine ensures you a long working hour without any break.
- Its inverter technology makes it portable where its comfortable handle allows easy portability.
4. Cuwiny CUT50D DC Inverter Plasma Cutter
Cuwiny CUT50D DC Inverter Plasma Cutter is another great example of the best budget plasma cutter. It comes with IGBT advanced inverter plasma technology that ensures higher penetration yet offers excellent efficiency. With its non-hazardous compressed air, you can cut thicker metal safely and at a lower cost for a cleaner surface and saving money.
Besides, you can cut thick and thin metal with its state-of-the-art MOSFET/IGBT transistors. Apart from that, it offers 10-50 A DC output that can easily cut a maximum of 3/5” depth metal under 220/240V. You have automatic dual voltage technology that can quickly adapt voltage from your home or shop. With its 60% duty cycle, you can have a long service time from it.
The cutter features a better air regulator and plastic tape that makes it even better to use. You will have a digital display that allows simple operation. Moreover, it has a fan that cools the machine for better performance and durability. A carrying handle is there that makes it comfortable to carry the machine.
Cuwiny CUT50D Features:
- The plasma cutter is highly potent and efficient for its IGBT advanced inverter plasma technology.
- It features state-of-the-art MOSFET/IGBT transistors that make it perfect for thin and thick metal.
- You can cut metal safely and keep your metal clean with its non-hazardous compressed air.
- It has a 10-50 A DC output, which is more than enough to cut thick metal with different depths.
- You can enjoy working with this cutter for a long time with its 60% duty cycle.
5. SUNCOO 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
SUNCOO 50 Amp Plasma Cutter is a great addition to the plasma cutter family. This one offers a 50 Amp DC output that allows you to cut up to 1/2 inch metal under 220V. With this cutter, you can cut aluminum, steel, copper, and other metals with a duty cycle of 60%. Besides, it offers a simple operation along with a smooth cutting surface for easy use.
Moreover, you will have an LCD digital screen that makes the use even more straightforward. With its easy to read front panel and pressure gauge, you can control the pressure and cut different depth metals. Since it ensures smooth cutting, you need no polish as well. You will get a built-in over-heat, over-voltage, under-voltage, and under air pressure protection.
The cutter comes with a safety mask that protects you from sparks and heat. Also, its solid material construction makes it more durable and comfortable to use. You will have the solid black edges that make the machine stylish and protect the panels as well. A 13′ torch cable is there that makes it even more convenient to use.
- The plasma cutter offers 50 Amp DC output that allows you to work with rigid and thick metal.
- It offers heat, voltage, air pressure protection that enhances the longevity of the machine.
- You have solid material construction and solid black edges that make it more durable and stylish.
- Its 60% duty cycle allows you to work for a long time to cut your project metals without any hassle.
- You will get an LCD digital display that makes it easier to read and control the pressure and output.
6. Goplus CUT-50 Electric Digital Plasma Cutter
Up next is the Goplus CUT-50 Electric Digital Plasma Cutter, which is a good cheap plasma cutter with its adopting inverter technology. This technology dramatically reduces the size and weight of the cutter while increasing efficiency by 30%. With this cutter, you can efficiently work with steel, alloy, copper, and other metals at different depths.
It is a dual voltage machine that allows you to use the cutter at 110V or 220V. You will have a gas supply ahead of it and delayed turn off gas functions that make it more convenient for you. Besides, it has a portable handle that ensures easy portability to any place you want. With this one, you can work at 10 degrees to +40 degrees temperature.
Unlike traditional cutters, this one produces less to no noise that ensures a good working environment. You will enjoy high cutting speed and smooth cutting that eradicates the need for polishing the metal after cutting. It has a lightweight design as well that allows you to hold and work with it comfortably.
Goplus CUT-50 Features:
- The plasma cutter offers to adopt inverter technology that delivers 30% more efficiency and high power.
- Its dual voltage technology allows you to work with home current as well as shop current.
- You will have a lightweight design along with a portable handle that makes it easy to use and hold.
- It lets you work at 10 degrees to +40 degrees temperature that makes it a great outdoor cutter.
- You will have less to no noise while getting high cutting speed and smooth cutting when working.
What Material Can a Plasma Cutter Cut?
A plasma cutter cuts the electrically conductive materials only. Apart from these conductive metals, it cannot cut other materials. You can cut mild steel, copper, aluminum and brass, and other conductive metals through the plasma cutter. Also, it cannot cut wood, plastic, or other things that are not conducive.
How to Use a Plasma Cutter?
It doesn’t matter how good a plasma cutter you purchase; if you don’t know how to use it, it’s worthless. On the contrary, when you know how to use it, you can get the most out of it and enjoy working with it. So here is the process of using a plasma cutter properly.
Make your workspace ready:
The first thing you need to do is to get your workspace ready. For that, clean the working surface and make sure you have no explosive items nearby. Also, keep all of your doors and windows fully open to keep ventilation during the project. Moreover, make sure the heated metal does not touch your body. Now take a marker and draw the cut line so that you do not lose track. It is crucial for beginners.
Hook the ground clamp:
After that, hook the ground clamp to a piece of metal. Here, make sure you hook it close to the place where you will cut. A lot of newbie people make a common mistake here by not hooking the ground clamp close to the cut place. Don’t do that otherwise, you may not end up cutting the metal.
Take proper precautions:
Prevention is better than cure. Similarly, you should take proper precautions before going to the main action. Use hand gloves since it will protect your hand from sparks of fire. Also, take glasses and, if possible, a mask too. Apart from that, put your shoes on and keep everything clean.
Start the compressor and machine:
Then start your air compressor to build the air pressure. Then plug in your air hose to the plasma cutter. You should plug in the machine by now. Double-check that your machine is getting both air pressure electric power.
It is time to start cutting the metal. For that, place the torch slightly off to the metal to prevent any blowback. Now turn the switch on and slowly start cutting. Make sure you cut according to the line you have drawn. Keep cutting until you see that metal hits the floor. After cutting, wait until the metal gets cold.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have any more questions to ask? Then you should check out the questions section below.
Do you need gas for a plasma cutter?
Yes, you need gas to create plasma in the plasma cutter and work effectively. You can use oxygen, nitrogen, or argon gas at your convenience to cut any metal with the plasma cutter.
Can a plasma cutter be used to weld?
Well, the plasma cutter is designed for cutting versatile metals. However, with the proper use of the right design and proper use of nitrogen-water injection, welding is possible.
Do you need to wear a mask when using a plasma cutter?
You should wear a mask when you are cutting versatile metal with a plasma cutter. If the torch is powerful, it may create fire sparks that may hit your face and cause damage as well.
Do you need eye protection when using a plasma cutter?
Of course, it is even mandatory to have eye protection while using the plasma cutter. It produces UV rays and radiation that can harm you badly.
How big of an air compressor do I need to run a plasma cutter?
The requirements absolutely depend on your plasma cutter. You need an air compressor with 1.5 to 2 times more CFM than your plasma cutter to work effectively.
A plasma cutter makes the metal cutting job more manageable, smoother, and less time-consuming for everyone. With a good plasma cutter, you can cut almost all types of metals and make your metal project successful. However, it is really significant to pick the best cutter for the best result. We have portrayed some good plasma cutters with their goods and bads.
If you haven’t decided to pick the best plasma cutter under 300, I recommend you go for the Amico CUT-50 Pro. It offers inverter technology for higher penetration, where its auto-voltage technology adapts any power input easily. Furthermore, it is suitable for thick to a thin metal with proper safety and comfort. So overall, this one can be an ideal plasma cutter at the 300 dollar price range.