A stick welder is a handy tool especially when you have welding tasks in rough environments. If you have a farm, you must face some repairing and welding jobs almost every day. Since a farm is often an open space, there will be wind blowing. In that case, nothing will be more suitable than a stick welder.
However, not all stick welders can perform well in that windy condition. You need to choose the best stick welder for farm use so that you can enjoy using it. Also, it helps you work smoothly on dirty or rusty metal. So stick to the last of this honest review content to pick the right stick welder for you.
Table of Content:
Are you in a hurry or want to read a particular section of this content? Then check out this table of content below.
- 6 Best Stick Welder for Farm Use Reviews 2020
- When Would You Use a Stick Welder?
- Advantages of Stick Welding
We have created a comparison chart with some good stick welders that can suit your farming welding. Have a look at this chart to compare and make a better decision to choose the best one.
6 Best Stick Welder for Farm Use Reviews 2020
As the demand for the stick welder increases, the number of brands and models increase in the market as well. As a consequence, it becomes tough to find the best stick welder for farm use that can suit your job. This becomes even tougher when you are buying it for the first time. So here are some suggestions for stick welders for you that may work well on your farm.
1. Miller Electric Stick Welder, Thunderbolt Series, 10-1/2 H
Miller Electric Stick Welder is one of the excellent stick welders you can have for your farm. This one comes with the hot start technology that ensures higher efficiency and smooth welding. With its Dual Voltage Capability, you can use it for any voltage outlet to complete your welding process. Besides, you have Multi-Voltage Plug Adapters for even more convenience.
Since you have infinite amperage control, this one allows you to control and get exactly the amount of amp output you need. This welder offers a 30% duty cycle that means you can enjoy welding for more time continuously. You will have a flux coating that prevents any contamination and ensures pure welding in your farming project.
The welder is lighter than traditional welders that makes it more portable and easy to use. You will get 4 electrode cables with the package that reduces your cost. It even offers a heavy-duty electrode holder so that you can safely get your job done. So overall, if you want to weld smoothly without paining your hand and risking any injuries, this one can be a good choice.
Miller Electric Stick Welder Features:
- The welder features hot-start technology for higher weld output and maximum efficiency.
- You have dual voltage technology that allows you to work in either commercial or household current.
- It features infinite voltage control with a multi-voltage adapter to work with different amps for more convenience.
- You can enjoy working with this welder for a long time continuously for its 30% duty cycle.
- The lightweight compact design lets you carry the welder and work comfortably without paining your body.
2. PrimeWeld Pilot Multipurpose Welding Machine
PrimeWeld Pilot Multipurpose Welding Machine is one of the best versatile welding machines you should consider for your farm. It allows you to do both TIG and Stick welding so that you can weld all types of metal at your farm. Also, you can have plasma cutting in this welder machine that adds even more versatility to the welder.
With this unit, you can cut almost all types of materials up to 1/2-feet thick. This removes the need for an additional cutter and saves your money. You have a 60% duty cycle at max amps that let you work for a long time without any break. Since it features soft-switching technology, you can enjoy a long working life from this welder.
The welder weighs only 32 lbs. which makes it more comfortable and convenient to carry. Also, it lets you hold it for a long time. With its full-bridge design, you will get good and stable arcs even at the lowest temperatures. Since your farm may be exposed to heavy wind, working there with this welder will be easier due to this advanced technology.
PrimeWeld Pilot Features:
- The welder comes with IGBT inverter technology that makes it extremely efficient as well as
- You can do TIG and Stick welding along with plasma cutting with its versatile capacity.
- It offers a 60% duty cycle for you at max amps so that you can get a long time working experience.
- You can enjoy working with the welder with full comfort with its only 32 lbs. weight and design.
- It features a full-bridge design that allows the welder to work at a lower temperature for farm work.
3. SUNGOLDPOWER Dual Voltage Welding Soldering Machine
SUNGOLDPOWER Dual Voltage Welding Machine is another good welder for your farm with its versatility and advanced technology. It can be the best dual voltage stick welder with its dual voltage ability and IGBT Inverter technology. This technology allows you to work with higher power and more efficiently. Along with stick welding, you can do MAG/ARC/MMA welding.
This welder offers flux-cored welding that reduces the contamination and ensures less splatter. Also, this ensures a clean welding surface. You can even do aluminum welding since this one is compatible with a spool gun. A selector switch is there that makes it easier for you to switch between these welding processes.
Moreover, it offers adjustable wire feed speed that lets you work with different metals with different depths. You can even adjust the welding current. Its ARC is extremely simple and easy to start which makes it easy to use for everyone. With this welder, you can repair your farm equipment easily no matter what type of metal it is made of.
- The welder offers IGBT Inverter technology that delivers higher output power and extreme
- It allows you to do almost all types of welding including stick welding, MAG/ARC/MMA welding, or aluminum welding.
- You have the flux-cored welding that produces less splatter during the welding and offers a cleaner surface.
- It comes with a selector switch that allows you to switch between those welding easily.
- You can weld various metals and alloys with different depths for its adjustable wire feed speed.
4. Hobart 500570 Stickmate 160i
Hobart 500570 Stickmate welder comes into the market to deliver dependability, reliability, and comfort. It comes with hot start technology that offers a reliable and simple start even in windy conditions. This technology makes it suitable for farm use. With this welder, you can easily weld equipment made of mild steel up to 5/32 inch.
The hobart 120v stick welder features DC output that offers fewer arc outages. As a result, you get less sticking and less spatter that ultimately leads to a cleaner and smooth completed project. With its infinite amperage control, you can have precise and accurate heat and amperage output. You can even adjust the output by as little as one-amp which makes it suitable for different types of metals.
This welder has the capacity to deliver up to 160A output. Besides, it is rugged yet easy to carry and work with. With its 20 lbs weight, you can hold it comfortably for a long time to complete the welding projects. You will have other welder equipment with the package so that you don’t have to buy things to spend more money.
Hobart 500570 Features:
- This stick welder features hot start technology that ensures a fast-starting even under a windy condition of the farm.
- It has the capacity to weld up to 5/32 inch mild steel that allows you to do your basic farming welding easily.
- You have DC output that produces less splatter and less sticking to let you enjoy comfortable and smooth work.
- It weighs only 20 lbs that makes it extremely lightweight to carry and hold for a long time.
- You will get infinite amperage control so that you can weld a variety of metals for your farm.
5. Forney Easy Weld 298 Stick Welder
Forney Easy Weld 298 stick welder is a good example of the best stick welder for farm use with its quality and service output. This one features an inverter power system that easily generates more power for higher efficiency. Also, it enables you to work with a variety of metals for more versatility. With this welder, you can easily weld 16 gauge up to 5/16″ metal.
You will have 120-volt input along with 90 amp output that makes it suitable for farm current. Also, it has the capacity to do TIG welding. Besides, with its 1/8 inch rod, you can comfortably hold the welder with good grip for a longer time. This can be the best beginner stick welder with its duty cycle 30% at 80A. You can ceaselessly work for a long time due to this higher duty cycle.
The welder features easy start technology that ensures a fast start in any condition. Moreover, it weighs only 9.65 lbs so that you can carry it and store it easily. You can even hold it for a longer time while welding. Apart from that, it offers an adjustable output control that ensures a stable arc and makes it suitable for different metals.
Forney Easy Weld Features:
- The welder comes with an inverter power system that ensures higher efficiency and power.
- It features adjustable output control to let you control the output and work with versatile
- You have a 30% duty cycle at 80A that allows you to work with the welder for a long time.
- It has a classic lightweight design with only a weight of 9.65 lbs for easy portability and comfort.
- You can start the welder in any condition without any hassle with its easy start technology.
6. ARCRAFT Hobby80 Mini Portable Stick Welder
ARCRAFT Hobby80 Mini Portable Stick Welder is one of the great portable stick welders you can consider for your farm. It comes with Inverter technology that takes less input power yet delivers higher output power. As a consequence, you can work with versatile metals. You can weld metals up to 1/8in which is more than enough for your farming equipment.
Besides, it offers an adjustable amperage dial through which you can adjust 20–75 Amp output for even more versatility. You have a duty cycle of 20% at 75 Amp output that shows its capability to work longer. On the other hand, it lets you start the machine without any hassle with its built-in hot start.
You will get thermal overload security that keeps your machine protected from overheat. With its extra lightweight design, you can simply move it any place you want. You will also get a user-friendly control panel that makes it easier for even beginners to work with this welder.
ARCRAFT Hobby80 Features:
- The IGBT technology of this welder takes less input power to produce high output power.
- Its adjustable amperage dial makes it suitable for different metals used in farming equipment.
- You can work ceaselessly for a long time with its 20% duty cycle at 75 Amp power output.
- It has a built-in hot start that allows you to start the machine in any condition.
- You will get thermal overload protection that prevents the damages from overheat.
When Would You Use a Stick Welder?
Stick welder is the most popular and economic method in the welding industry. It is suitable for thick metals since it heats metals at a higher temperature. Also, it works perfectly in any dirt or rust metals. Moreover, since it delivers a good and powerful arc, you can use it in any condition irrespective of wind or dirt. You can even use it for most of the metals where subtle work is not necessary.
Advantages of Stick Welding
Since you are willing to invest your money in stick welding for farm use, you should know its utilities. Are you willing to know those amenities of stick welding? Then check the section below.
- Since stick welding creates a powerful arc, it is suitable for thick metals used to make farm equipment.
- It works perfectly even when it is a windy condition or rainy condition that makes it perfect for farm use.
- Besides, as there is no need for external gas, it is less expensive and saves a lot of money every time.
- This welding is not so sensitive against paint, corrosion, or dirt that saves time, and reduces the hassle to clean up.
- You can easily add the ground clamp far away from your welding point that makes it more convenient to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions to ask? Then consider having a look at the question section below.
Do you push or pull with a stick welder?
When the welder produces any slag, you need to pull it. On the other hand, if it does not produce any slag, you push it and that is the general rule.
Is stick welding stronger than MIG?
Both stick welding and MIG welding are strong enough to effectively weld high-quality steel. However, a stick welder is suitable for thicker metal only when MIG welding is good for both thicker and thinner metal.
Can you use a stick welder for auto body work?
Yes, a lot of auto bodyworkers choose stick welders for the auto bodywork for its power and effectiveness. However, most of the workers use a TIG welder for auto bodywork.
Can you stick weld stainless steel?
Yes, it is very much possible to weld stainless steel since the stick welder generates a powerful arc. Also, you can use a MIG or TIG welder to weld stainless steel if you feel more convenient.
Can you stick weld aluminum?
Yes, it is possible to weld the aluminum with the stick welder using an aluminum electrode. However, since a stick welder is not suitable for subtle tasks, chances are high that you will end up messing up the projects.
A good stick welder makes your farming job easier by helping repair your farming equipment, fences, and other properties. Also, it helps you save money that you may invest in hiring a repairman. However, to get the most from your rig, you must choose the best stick welder for farm use. Otherwise, it cannot fulfill your expectation, especially considering the welder.
We have portrayed some good stick welders designed for farm use with their goods and bads. If you are still confused about choosing the best one, I will suggest you go for the Forney Easy Weld 298 stick welder. It offers advanced technology for higher power output and maximum efficiency. Also, you can work with different metals and do TIG welding using this machine. So overall, this one might be a great stick welder for farm use.