Repairing the broken faucet or doing your own metal jobs are sophisticated tasks. They require a welding machine that has the caliber to handle the metal and join them like a single piece. Too many considerable things make it a daunting job to find the right welder. With 80 years of making welders, Forney welders eliminate the confusion around and give you one brand to trust upon.
However, Forney also has a big lineup of welders that serve different purposes for different types of jobs. Our welding specialist team has gone through the best among them and came up with this Forney welder reviews. If you’re confused about which welder from Forney you should go for, stick to the reviews we’ve put together.
About This Brand:
Forney is one of the longest operating companies in the US, manufacturing power tools since 1932. It’s the company that introduced the first ARC welder to the public market back in the 1940s.
Today, Forney produces over 5000 tools for metalworking that covers quite a lot of types. Forney is exclusively specialized in Welding Machines, make sure you get the Forney welding machine review below to know what they make.
Table Of Content:
Before you read the complete article, have a look at this table of content for quick navigation.
After reading the whole article you can easily compare all the products but from this comparison chart, you can quickly compare all the products.
Best 3 Forney Welder Reviews 2020
Forney has a huge welder lineup that may confuse you to choose the bang for your bucks. Here are the best 3 Forney welder reviews that our specialist team picked up considering all the necessary features you’ll need:
1. Forney Easy Weld 140 MP, Multi-Process Welder
Forney Easy Weld 140 MP comes with a multipurpose welding operation; it offers MIG, TIG, or even Stick welding with the same machine. You can weld with it no matter if you want Gas or Gasless welding capabilities. If you have a tight budget and are looking for a great value for the money, It’s the best mig welder under 500.
It produces 140 AMPs of welding power while joining mild metals. This machine is well capable of welding a variety of thicknesses in the metals you may have in your worksite. For the thickness, You can weld up to 1/4″ of steel with Gas or gasless MIG welding and 1/8″ with stick welding. It comes with an 8′ welding wire and 8′ ground clamp For a better reach to the workplace while stick welding.
The welding operation, you can get through the wire feed up to 0.35″ of the electrodes. For the wire spool, you can give it 2 pounds up to 10 pounds, depending on how long you’re welding for. If you’re a hobbyist or a DIYer or starting your welding journey to professional tasks, it’s the machine for you.
Forney Easy Features:
- This welder is a multipurpose machine that does Stick, MIG, and TIG welding.
- It comes with a 10′ MIG Gun along with an extra 0.30 contact tip.
- You’ll get an 8′ electrode holder with an 8′ ground clamp for stick welding.
- For MIG and TIG welding, It takes in up to 0.35 inches of gas or gasless electrodes.
- For Stick welding, it takes in 1/8 inches of welding electrodes.
2. Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG Welder, 120V, Green
The Forney Easy Weld 261 is a great welding solution with a whopping 140 Amps of output. This amount of power can penetrate up to 1/4 inches of the mild steel plate and join together. To produce enough molten bead, it uses flux core wire with a diameter of up to 0.30 inches.
For the wire feeding, you can hook it up with a 2 lbs up to 10 lbs wire feeding spool. You can control the feeding speed with the feed adjustment knob in front of the welder. There is another knob to control infinite voltage through the torch wire depending on what metal you’re working on.
Speaking of the torch, it’s 8′ in length and wrapped up for added safety and lasts for a long time. Its all-metal structure pushes the longevity even farther. It’s lightweight and portable, with tons of versatile usability. If you’re a starter to welding or a DIYer, this is the best option for you for both indoor and outdoor welding.
Forney Easy Weld 261 Features:
- This welder works only with Flux core wire and doesn’t need external Gas shielding.
- The input voltage of the welder is 120V, and for output, it’s 140 Amp.
- You’ll get a 20A to 15A plug adapter for different power outlets in the worksite.
- It comes with an 8′ ground clamp and an 8′ MIG gun for extra reach to the workpiece.
- You can use up to 0.30 of diameter for the Flux Core electrode.
3. Forney Easy Weld 299 125FC Flux Core Welder, 120-Volt, 125-Amp
This Welder from Forney is super easy to use as it works with Flux Core welding that doesn’t require an external shield. It uses self-shielded flux core wire and doesn’t need Gas to protect the mold, that makes it the Best Flux Core Welder for starters. All you have to do with it is, feed in the wire and start welding with the included tip.
For the wire feed, you can use 2 to 10 pounds of flux core wire spools, depending on the workload. This welder allows you to use up to 0.30″ of wire diameter with a stick out the recommendation of 1/2″. The machine can weld up to 1/4 inches of mild steel, 24 gauge heavy metals.
It produces 125 Amps output from 120 volts of input for the maximum penetration over the metal bead. With the solid metal construction, It will last you a pretty long time if you’re a DIYer or a hobbyist. The versatile usability and engineering of this machine are suitable for both outside and home use.
Forney Easy Weld 299 Features:
- This welder is a Flux-core only machine and doesn’t work with Gas-shielded MIG.
- You can use 0.30 diameter of flux core electrode with this welder.
- It takes in wire spool from 2 pounds up to 10 pounds.
- It includes a 20A to 15A plug adapter for different power outlets.
- You’re getting a rugged all-metal construction for the rough worksite.
Is This Brand welders Easy To Use?
Forney has been successfully leading the market because they successfully made their products easy to use. Here are some of the common reasons why you’ll find their welders super easy to use.
- Forney makes their welders with the end customers in their mind, to give them the ease of use.
- They make sure that the welders are serving the exact purpose without putting the user in hassle.
- The welders have multiple wire feeding and power outlet options for versatile usage.
- The welders from this brand are easy-portable, although that’s too much to ask for a multipurpose welding machine.
Why Choose This Brand?
People trust Forney for more than a lifetime because they produce the finest Welding machines. For in-depth knowledge about them, you can have a look at the Forney mig welder reviews above. I’ll mention some of the key points that make the brand trustworthy to choose:
- Forney constructs the welders with a simple control panel and keeps the DIYers and hobbyists in mind to be able to operate the machines easily.
- All the Forney welders come with versatile usability, both indoor and outdoor metal jobs. They can weld on mild steel and heavy metals for a greater penetration on the mold.
- You can use multiple electrodes wire spools in the wire feed of the Forney welding machines. It’s useful while working on a bigger project that needs too much electrode.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequent questions about Forney welders that might bump on your head:
Are Forney welders any good?
Forney has been making the best welders in the US that makes them unbeatable.
Who manufactures Forney welders?
The designs of the Forney welders are from American and European welding engineers, and an Italian partner of Forney manufactures them.
Are Forney welders made in the USA?
The Forney welders are Designed and documented in the US, but they are manufactured and assembled in Italy.
Engineers and technicians around the world trust Forney welders because of the quality and efficiency they put in their machines. After going through the Forney welder reviews, I hope you’ve found the right welder you’ve been looking for.
However, if you’re still confused among these three and want to know my suggestion, I’d suggest you get the Forney Easy Weld 140 MP. It’s the best among the list because it has multipurpose usability for three different welding methods, MIG, TIG and Stick. It can weld on ¼ inches of metals with or without Gas shielding cost-efficiently. Moreover, this welder is lightweight and easily portable with wheels underneath.